Description

Random thoughts on our impending doom and everyday life, courtesy of a Romance Writer who occasionally feels the need to talk like a Sailor.

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Very Inspiring Blogger Award



The lovely Georgie Tyler has nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I take this to mean that due to the tender loving care of this wonderful blog she feels within herself to be fully prepared to face our inevitable doom at the hands of an army of undead. That is awesome. I’m so proud of her. Georgie is an Australian Romance Writer new to the social media scene and going great guns. Stop by and show her some love.

Thank you very much for nominating me, Georgie!


RULES:
  1. Display the award logo on your blog.
  2. Link back to person who nominated you.
  3. State 7 things about yourself.
  4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link them.
  5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the awards requirements.

My mate Jay at Mirrorkills made this for me. Cool, huh?
7 things about myself:

·         My partner is a political ethicist. He thinks really deep thoughts about Intellectual Property Rights and Government Policy on various issues. I am extremely proud of him. He rocks.

·         My children (code name: the short evil ones) are 9 and 11. Yes, my beautiful girl is nearly a teenager. I am terrified about the years to come. Also, I *may* have made my baby boy sign a mostly legal document a few years back swearing to only love me forever and ever. IT JUST MEANS I LOVE HIM IT DOESN’T MEAN HE’S GOING TO BE MESSED UP FOR LIFE. STOP IT!

·         I think ‘Terminator’ is the greatest love story of all time.

·         Sometimes, after a few drinks, I have been known to do bad renditions of ‘Dead or Alive’ by Bon Jovi on acoustic guitar. If I'm feeling particularly go girl then I throw in 'Closer to fine' by the Indigo Girls.

·         I have strong feelings (bordering on religious fervour) with regards to Zombies that run. It is WRONG! Smite that shit!

·         Before going to movies I check to see if 99% of the cast gets annihilated in some cataclysmic event, ship wreck, or world war. I demand a relatively happy ending with the happy couple together at the end. If that makes me an emotional coward, I do not care.


      Hang on. I think ‘Terminator’ is the best movie of all time and the hero dies. Plus, I love zombie films were almost all of the cast is wiped out each and every time. So it might be best to just ignore all hypocritical and conflicting statements I just made. Have a nice day. J

·         I collect antique mirrors, especially Art Deco. The more battered they are, the more I love them. Unfortunately, none have proven to be haunted by a malevolent spirit, *yet*.



Here are the bloggers I nominate for this award:

1.    Kylie Griffin - Kylie's blog covers a wide array of subjects from writers, publicity, what books she's reading...everything. It's great.

2.    Mel Teshco - Mel is an erotic writing genius and big supporter of local talent.

3.    Imelda Evans (I know she’s already been nominated but I love her. She talks about all sorts of important shit.) 

4.    Anna Hackett - Anna has turned her blog into romance action central. Stop by and say 'hi!'.

5.    Curves to Kill – Plus-sized model Teer Wayde’s Blog. All the pin-up girl fashion hints you need. 

6.    Momentum – Yes, they’re my publisher. But I really enjoy getting updates on how Joel is going with his Twilight fan-fiction. 

7.    Maryse’s Book Blog  - Her weekly updates and list of reduced books is making my To Be Read pile skyrocket. Maryse is a one woman book lovin’ force to be reckoned with. 

8.    Twinsie Talk Book Reviews – These girls are just starting out and super passionate. 

9.    Page Flipperz – Australian based reviewer Katrina is right into romance and a complete sweetie. 

10. Book Chatter Cath – I think book bloggers rock and Cath is super duper.



Okay, I’m stopping at ten because I need to get back to work on this rockstar book. Got a favourite blog you can’t live without? Tell me about it in the comments.




4 comments:

  1. Who needs to watch 'Doomsday Preppers'! I know how to stay alive in the apocalypse and keep those undead at bay!
    Thanks for the lovely introduction, Kylie. You made me blush. Love your post. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgie! You're very welcome. And thank you once again for nominating me.

      Delete
  2. I love Terminator as well!! Great post, Kylie...learned some interesting things about you (-: Thanks for the nomination...I'll try and make you proud. Btw, love the image your friend, Jay made for you. Awesome! I want a friend to make me one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anna, you always make me proud. :) Isn't Terminator the best? True love, futuristic robots and action galore. What more could you ask for?

      Delete