Description

Random thoughts on our impending doom and everyday life, courtesy of a Romance Writer who occasionally feels the need to talk like a Sailor.

Thursday 24 January 2013

A look at erotic fantasy 'Threads of Desire' by Eleri Stone



Today I would like you to meet my friend, Eleri Stone. Eleri writes wonderful paranormal and fantasy romances for Carina. She’s just released her first erotic romance. Honestly, I love her writing. She truly has a wonderful way with words. Take it away, Eleri…


Thank you Kylie for inviting me to stop by today! 

I met Kylie on Six Sentence Sunday, an open invitation writers hop where you post six sentences from any of your published or unpublished works and then roam around the internet checking out everyone’s stuff. It’s great fun. You get to be voyeur and exhibitionist all at the same time, and I’ve met so many wonderful people there. 

Kylie was writing about zombies so of course I had to stop by every week. I like speculative fiction with a dose of horror and I might also have a teensy little bit of an obsession with Daryl Dixon on The Walking Dead. So zombie apocalypse + hot romance and I was hooked. I loved Flesh and I’m very much looking forward to Skin. Really, I’ll read whatever else Kylie happens to write because I love her voice.

My new release is a far cry from zombies. Threads of Desire is a secondary world fantasy with a steamy romance at its heart. It’s set in the relatively peaceful Sarian Empire whose borders have been stable for centuries. Because of that, mages use their gifts in craft and trade rather than in warfare. You might call it more of a domestic fantasy rather than an epic one. Ily, the mage in Threads of Desire has a gift for weaving but she’s been outcast from the guild and is living on the streets trying to earn enough money to escape the capital city. When an opportunity to start a new life arises in the form of an arrogant but attractive aristo, she takes it. Ily thinks that Kal is only looking for a bit of fun. Kal has actually been pursuing Ily for a very different reason, but he needs to be sure of her character before he can reveal his true purpose. Two very different people thrown together because they need each other and finding love where they least expect it. If you participate in Six Sentence Sunday you might already have stumbled across a few of the snippets.

The official Six Sentence Sunday site is closing down this week and I’m so very sad to see it go. I’ve made a lot of new friends there but it’s also become one of my favorite places to discover new authors. Some of the participants plan to continue with the tradition, either through the twitter hashtag #SixSunday or a new link list. I really hope it works out! And I hope to see you there.

Where’s your favorite place to discover new authors and books?
   

Guild-trained weaver Ily is furious her rival Kal, a smug yet wickedly sexy rug merchant, outsells her at every turn. She knows her magically crafted rugs are far superior to anything he can produce, but can’t compete with his charming personality.
When Kal fixes his lusty attentions on Ily, she is reluctantly aroused by his interest. She knows he desires her and against her better judgment, she wants him too. A chance encounter leads her to make him a scandalous offer: her body in exchange for enough money to leave the city. She sees their time together as a temporary erotic adventure…until Kal reveals that what he truly wants from Ily is more personal—and more dangerous—than bed play. And she must choose between taking her chance at a new life or risking it all for a man she never meant to love.






No comments:

Post a Comment