Description

Random thoughts on our impending doom and everyday life, courtesy of a Romance Writer who occasionally feels the need to talk like a Sailor.

Monday 21 January 2013

New Years Blog Thingy, with... Paula Roe.


Today I'd like you to meet the fab Paula Roe. She's a Borders Books bestseller, a Silhouette Australian Desire  Author and all round award winning Category Romance Writer. Without further ado, here she is...



What did you learn in 2012?
 That I can pretty much write anywhere, anytime – in the car, in a noisy library :-)  The key is to have a good set of noise-cancelling headphones.

What were some of your highlights of 2012?
A few things – writing-wise, having two book on the shelves, getting my first novella into ebook and print, finishing another book and getting another contract.  Personally, I saw my boy settle into a new school, make new friends and completely enjoy himself, which always warms a mum’s heart J

What have you got planned for 2013, publishing or otherwise?

I have two books to finish and submit early 2013, so hopefully that will mean mid-late 2013 releases.  I’m also planning lots of other secret stuff, including a series of erotic novellas... I’m also planning to go to ARRC and RWA in Perth – love conferences!  Plus, I need to extend my knowledge of Photoshop, so a course will be in my future.

Any movies, books and suchlike being released in 2013 that you're really looking forward to?
OOOO, new Star Trek movie, YAY!!!  TV-wise, I am HANGING OUT for Horrible Histories series 5.  Those guys are pure comic geniuses! And of course, can’t wait to see my books on the shelves with their lovely shiny covers ;-)


A PRECIOUS INHERITANCE 



He won the auction…
Vanessa Partridge has a good reason for wanting the manuscript offered at auction - it is her twin babies’ legacy. But she doesn’t count on the winning bidder, financial guru Chase Harrington, showing up on her doorstep.

Now he wants the woman…
Chase has a new obsession - Vanessa. There’s more to the former-socialite-turned-working-single-mom than meets the eye… and he’s going to find it. He’s got secrets of his own - secrets threatened by the sexy Vanessa. More than anything, Chase wants to give in to their sizzling attraction… but can he afford to play with fire?

 

MOONLIT ENCOUNTERS
Eight original short romantic stories


A Victorian woman must choose between family loyalty and a chance at love...

With a little help from a sexy neighbour, a nurse must find strength in vulnerability...

A medieval warrior struggles with his duty when a healer captivates him...

Convincing a cynical workaholic to take time to smell the roses is more challenging than this talented empath could imagine...

A curious voyeur discovers getting involved can be dangerous...

Her family's happiness is at risk unless this widow puts her trust in a stranger...

An independent ranger learns that wolves come in all guises, and secrets can be deadly...

Jilted in a foreign country, a woman struggles with trust and a second chance at happiness...

A diverse collection of short romantic fiction from eight different authors, from different genres, for all readers


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy year ahead. I wold love to go to the conference in Perth. It would be my first. Good luck with it all Paula. Georgie Tyler :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Georgie, thanks for stopping by. Sadly, I'm missing out on Perth this year. But you should definitely go. RWA conferences are the bomb.

      Delete
  2. Hope 2013 is even better for you than 2012, Paula.

    See you at ARRC and RWA!

    Kylie, are you going to ARRC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Eleni, I'm not going this year. Very bummed about it but money is an issue. I'll be at ARRAC and Genrecon however. Are you going to Genrecon?

      Delete
  3. Nope, no Genrecon for me. Like you, can't afford to do it all. I'll see you at ARRC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by everyone! I'd love to get to GenreCon but seeing as I have the monumental task of saving for a UK trip in 2014, money is always scarce. Where's that attractive, infatuated billionaire ready to cater to my whims when you need him? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by everyone! I'd love to get to GenreCon but seeing as I have the monumental task of saving for a UK trip in 2014, money is always scarce. Where's that attractive, infatuated billionaire ready to cater to my whims when you need him? ;-)

    ReplyDelete