Description

Random thoughts on our impending doom and everyday life, courtesy of a Romance Writer who occasionally feels the need to talk like a Sailor.

Sunday 13 January 2013

Six Sentence Sunday with... SKIN.

WARNING: Sweary language in today's snippet.

AND ALSO:  Down the bottom is a note about my plans for continuing with a Sunday Serial after Six Sentence Sunday's demise in a few weeks for those that are interested.

Welcome to another Six Sentence Sunday. Today we’ve got another six from SKIN the upcoming sequel to FLESH. Not long now till the 1st Feb release. Here’s the briefest of blurbs in case you don’t know the story...

Six months since the zombie plague struck, former librarian Roslyn Stewart has been holed up in a school with eight other survivors. But now the shelves in the school canteen are bare. The stranger at the gate has supplies that will ensure the group’s ongoing survival, but at a cost. He wants a woman. 



I don’t want to spoil the story for you, so let’s just say Roslyn's got herself into a spot of trouble.


     Another groaned behind her. A thick and heavy man. Or it once had been. Its bald head shone in the low light and its bloody mouth hung open, blackened tongue wiggling.
     Roslyn sprinted, toes slick with blood and sore muscles straining. Climbing trees and aggressively fucking within a twenty-four hour period wasn’t good for her.


Six Sentence Sunday winds up in a few weeks but I plan to still post parts of stories every Sunday. Given the six sentence rule will no longer apply it might give me more of a chance to do an old fashioned Sunday Serial. I'm think of about a 150 word limit. What do you think? Care to join in? I'm happy to make up a list of links to sites to go below my post. If there was sufficient interest, I think running it out of a facebook group or similar would be easiest. Because easy is best. If you'd like to discuss... kylie@kylie-scott.com






9 comments:

  1. I love the description of the zombie (?), especially "its blackened tongue wiggling"–very visual and effective.
    I'm planning on carrying on posting short snippets on a Sunday. Making it more official is a great plan :) Happy to help any way I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tongue! Ewww. Not going to be able to get that image out of my head. Great six:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the snippet, poor girl, can't just relax and enjoy the afterglow LOL. I'm going to keep on with Sunday snippets too (seems like a lot of us are). I signed up over at Skye Warren's - she was taking a show of hands - so I'm guessing something will coalesce as the new organization. I'll definitely be visiting you, no matter what! Love your books...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! What a great Sunday morning! A writer who does romance and zombies...two of my favorite things! And smut too? I think I'm in nirvanva. :)

    Love the excerpt. I'm signed up over at Skye Warren's as well. Plus there's the Wednesday meme Hump Day Hook. you can do a little longer excerpt that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome description.

    I'll probably post snippets on my blog on Sundays, just for the hell of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, okay that was gross! Great job! And loved her reaction! I signed up earlier at Skye's site, but I like your idea too. Regardless, I'll be continuing on Sundays too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yak! Black tongue wiggling. Urgh. That's going to hang around as a visual for LONG time. As usual, great writing.

    I need to sign up at Skye Warren's page. I did email. Haven't heard of Hump Day Hook. I'll have to google that, tho' posting on Wednesdays would be a problem given the day job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous visual, I can see this happening. Your last line is a killer. Love it.

    ReplyDelete