Description

Random thoughts on our impending doom and everyday life, courtesy of a Romance Writer who occasionally feels the need to talk like a Sailor.

Sunday 14 October 2012

Six Sentence Sunday...



Welcome to another Six Sentence Sunday. First up apologies for commenting late last week, I was off boozing with a bunch of erotic writers up the coast. So yes, working. Mostly. Now, I thought today we’d do some more with Finn, the number two hero in Flesh.  Because sometimes, one hero is not enough. No, not even a little. High maintenance girls need two. It’s the truth. Accept it and move on with your life.  

Flesh is, in case you’re not aware, my Post-Zombie-Apocalypse M/F/M extravaganza, currently on sale here. In a slighty in your face way, I've even put a couple of excerpts from some of the reviews Flesh has received down the bottom of this post. Sorry about that. But it is after all my first book and I get a bit carried away about is sometimes. Thank you for your patience.

So, here we have things told from Daniel, our first hero’s point of view. They’re hiding for the night beneath a house. Ali, our heroine, is currently passed out cold across Dan’s chest, due to a head injury. Daniel and Ali are together. But Finn, a twenty-six year old former cop, is beginning to realise that he wants the girl for himself...


I like to imagine Finn looks a little somethin' like this. RAWR!
 
   Finn chuckled, casting an eye over his sleeping beauty. His gaze glommed onto the side of her breast where it pressed against Daniel’s chest.
   After a hell of a long moment, wherein he was certain the guy had stopped breathing and quite possibly swallowed his own tongue, the kid’s gaze shot back to Daniel’s face. Hungry-looking eyes turned to guilty in an instant. “Shit. Sorry, man.”



From the Page Flipperz Five Star Review: "The storyline grabbed me by my short and curlies within the first chapter - I had this finished in no time. Even jumping in my car on the way home from work just to finish the last half of the book. It certainly had me engrossed. It dragged me into the pages until I had finished the last words and after wards I just sighed – sighed and sighed again! And wandered how long till the next tale."

From the Fangbooks Four Star Review:  "What Kylie Scott has done is present characters, plot and context in a way that drawn the reader completely into the world. She shows us, but allows the reader to extrapolate their own meaning rather than being forced into her own view."

From the Book Liaison Four Star Review: "The author does take her time in having them work through all of their issues that they have to face on daily bases. Nothing was rushed. It all seemed to come together naturally. Which I find with books like this can be quite hard for some authors to do!"

12 comments:

  1. Finn is so yummy. Loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new release Kylie! And mmmm, I like Finn already, *especially* if he looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finn is one sexy dude. Steamy six. Congrats on the release. Looks like a sexy read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zombies and not one but TWO sexy heroes? I'm so there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the book's release! Great comments it's getting! Enjoyed today's six, sets up a lot of things for the future, good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the reviews! Very nicely done six. Love the guilty comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, love the idea behind this! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your reviews! :) Story sounds great! Enjoyed your six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great description and power-word choices! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Finn's man-boobies look zackerly like I imagined them when reading. Go me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoops! But nice pic. Verra nice.

    ReplyDelete